Thursday, September 05, 2013

NEW PINTEREST BOARD

Hi friends,
I have been writing up a little storm.  Brain vessel overturned and spilled out all of these ideas and I don't want to LOSE ONE OF THEM

I mentioned earlier that the novel I am currently writing is set in TORONTO! Edwardian TORONTO! (so excited to write about my home/favourite place on earth)

Toronto in the 1910s and just before is very well documented in photographs and I was able to excavate history about its highest highs to its lowest lows: including the now-obliterated slum called St. John's Ward ( known as the Ward and which I kind of liken to NYC's Five Points) using photographs and maps.


IF you are so inclined to step into Edwardian Toronto, here are some of the things that are inspiring me: images and fashion, etc.,

http://pinterest.com/rachkmc/jem-and-merindas-guide-to-the-commonplace-and-crim/

No comments: