Monday, April 22, 2013

How 'Remember Sunday' should have ended.....



MOLLY:{stares at computer. Reads “Ask Molly to Marry Me”. smiles. Turns back to Gustave}

GUSTAVE: everything okay?

MOLLY: AMAZING IT IS ALL AMAZING ! AND I FEEL LIKE THE SUN IS BURNING THROUGH MY FINGERS AND THE WORLD HAS EXPLODED IN BOUTS OF SKITTLES AND SMARTIES AND RAINBOW FUN

GUSTAVE: [takes Molly in his arms] I feel the same way, Molly.  I only remember this moment. Not tomorrow… not yesterday… just this.
[they kiss]


NEXT DAY: EXTERIOR, JEWELLERY SHOP:

MOLLY [voice over] the day that Gustave asked me to marry him was a sunny, New Orlean’s summer day bloated with heat. My too-short skirt stuck to my thighs and the wisps of my perfectly-imperfect braid licked at the sides of my face.  I went to the jewellery store to see Gustave to tell him that everything would be okay. That we should get married. … that is if he forgets.


INTERIOR,  JEWELLERY SHOP

GUSTAVE: MOLLY! It’s you!

MOLLY: [flabberghasted] you know me? what? Really?

GUSTAVE: you see, my short term memory thing was all a dream! I mean, it was real;  but I was able to switch it off in my mind. In my slumber. It looks like the surgery worked it just took a few years to kick in.

MOLLY: wha…? How??? Whaaa?

GUSTAVE: molly, do you remember this?  [extracts ruby ring from envelope]

MOLLY: my great aunt’s ring that was of no particular plot significance?

GUSTAVE: the very one.  Will you take this ring? Will you marry me in this clichéd jewellery-shop cloister of a proposal scene?

MOLLY: Of course I will; but can't you just come up with your own ring? i mean, you're kinda giving me back my own ring....

GUSTAVE: but it has sentimental value and technically I bought it because I bought it from you

MOLLY: True that.

GUSTAVE: and do you promise to remember….

MOLLY: remember what?

GUSTAVE: Remember Sunday.

MOLLY: why Sunday? You mean that day when we went to LA and saw the space stuff and I ran into your ex-fiancee in a plot that went nowhere?

GUSTAVE: yes. Sunday

MOLLY: I still… I don’t… I mean….

GUSTAVE: Sunday, Molly. Remember Sunday


MOLLY: I will never really remember why we are remembering Sunday; but if it means I get to marry you and get that ring and have you sing the Tangled song to me at our wedding then, sure. Why not.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Yes! YES! PERFECT!

Rissi said...

Hmm... I think I'll stick with the actual one, girl. Yours is better suited to a Hallmark channel flick methinks. ;)

Great sense of humor you have!

Christmas with CWG said...

And...they'll live happily ever after as long as she never changes her shampoo.

Lydia said...

BAHAHA!!! Oh you are too funny. I was so disappointed, especially with all the buildup. I know that Hallmark movies aren't meant to be cinematic wonders but I wanted sappy entertainment darn it! LOL