Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WHAT LARKS!

Just after picking up my ticket at Roy Thomson
a good quality picture of Jeremy Irvine (Pip), Toby Irvine (Jeremy's brother and Young Pip) and Ralph Fiennes (Magwitch) on the red carpet (top) my blurry blackberry pic from inside the theatre (Mike Newell, director, Ralph Fiennes, Jerermy Irvine, Holliday Grainger, Toby Irvine) 
I totally had the opportunity to see the World Premiere of Mike Newell's brand new Great Expectations last night here in Toronto at the Toronto International Film Festival: a gala held at Roy Thomson Hall.

Review coming shortly on Dickensblog and I will make sure you kids all see it.

It was a great night:  I scored free popcorn from the Orville Redenbacher folks, the nice people in line gave me a champagne token c/o Visa and I got UPGRADED from the public balcony viewing area to the main floor at RTH --- I ended up being just beyond the reserved press seating---about 8 rows back.

in the theatre: upgraded ticket,  notes to write up review for dickensblog,
newly won BlackBerry Playbook
The acoustics, of course, were wonderful.  It was thrilling to see so many of the actors in the film sitting in the audience and on stage beforehand excited to experience the film with a throng of movie-goers.

The best part of the night ?  I won a BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK from the BlackBerry folk who were wandering about the ticket line pre-show.  It was a momentous and completely unexpected moment and I am thrilled to the gills with it: mostly because it has a Kobo reading app so I have even more ways to receive review copies of books. Moreover, it is compatible with the software that the Toronto Public Library uses to loan e-books which is awesome. Because now I can read everything.

I can also watch Hell on Wheels in whatever format I want ( sidenote: I am currently addicted to Hell on Wheels) : If I wanna watch it on my macbook? fine.  If I wanna watch it on Blackberry Playbook? yep!

woop!

More to come....

3 comments:

Charity said...

You were in the same room as Rafe Fiennes? How did you STAND the utter hotness?

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the challenges. It was really informative. Your site is very helpful. Thank you for sharing!
mma fight shorts

Anonymous said...

I really like it whenever people come together and share views. Great website, keep it up!
mma fight shorts