Friday, August 24, 2007

the elusive Alatriste

Okay, so I have been pining for this supposed Captain Alatriste movie since I heard about it ( namely through a chance encounter with a youtube trailer .


But I am beginning to think the bloody thing will never be released in North America.


As with the brilliant Arturo Perez Reverte series, we tend to get more than a little late, I guess it is somewhere lost in translation.


So, we speculate:


did Viggo Mortensen REALLY learn Spanish?

does Diego kiss that girl.... you know, the one that turns all the events on the sidelines and makes life a living hell ?

is the movie as high budget as its excellent website?




I'm dying here people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I managed to save it on my Netflix list, but they haven't any more idea when it'll actually get released than anyone else.

I've only read the first book. Must make mental note to get my hands on the rest!